Prepare the body for pregnancy, manage the stress of weight gain on muscles and joints, and get your body back into shape soon after delivery.
Giving birth and caring for your newborn is stressful on the body! Taking care of your body can help your pregnancy be an easier and more fulfilling experience.
Benefits of Perinatal Care
- Prepare your body for pregnancy by strengthening the core, including low back, abdominals, and pelvic floor
- Boost energy, mood, and overall wellness
- Improve posture, balance and stability
- Increase strength and endurance to help carry your baby
- Ease discomfort of sore & achy muscles
- Get your body back after delivery!
- Develop good postural habits for the tasks of motherhood
Take advantage of The Wellness Bank’s services including Physical Therapy, Pilates, Chiropractic, and Therapeutic Yoga. We’ll begin with a comprehensive evaluation of your posture and alignment, range of motion, strength, flexibility, soft tissue and joint mobility. From there, we’ll design and program to get you in tip-top mommy-shape.
If you are delivering soon, we’ll incorporate breathing and relaxation techniques to get you ready for the big day. If you’ve developed diastasis recti (splitting of the abdominal muscles), we’ll teach you techniques to “bind” your abs together. For busy moms with little time, we’ll provide you with a home exercise program. Taking a little time out for you will make you the best mom you can be!