Ergonomics is the science behind developing a sound workplace to help prevent injuries, commonly associated with repetitive stress behind a desk and computer.
Ashley Smith, DPT, a certified Ergonomic Specialist, performs OSHA-compliant ergonomic assessments of the workplace. She can visit your home office or workplace setting to evaluate your current set-up and analyze your biomechanics, posture and alignment. Ashley will provide you with strategies to help prevent neck, back, and wrist pain and reduce repetitive strain. You may also see Ashley at The Wellness Bank for treatment of any work-related or orthopedic injuries.
One-on-one ergonomic consultations:
- Virtual desk consultation: A 30-minute virtual session to problem solve your unique space and physical needs. Includes an evaluation of your office space with a plan to properly set-up your workstation, equipment suggestions, and recommendations for correcting your posture to prevent pain and injury.
- In-person desk consultation: A 45-minute in-person evaluation of your office space with an individualized plan for proper workstation set-up and equipment suggestions. Also includes recommendations for correcting your posture to prevent pain and injury.
*Please note visits requiring >30 minutes of travel time will include an additional travel fee.
Corporate ergonomic wellness packages:
- Work-from-home workshop: A 60-minute virtual workshop for all employees to improve workspace ergonomics and prevent injury. Employees will learn how to properly set up their home workstations both in sitting and standing (option to add on how to work from the couch!) as well as tips for staying healthy and avoiding pain. A fun stretch session and Q&A is also included.
- Wellness hour event: A casual conversation focusing on addressing health challenges & topics relevant to the team. Learn the science behind health & fitness trends, current research, and discuss how to realistically integrate these topics into everyday life. Offered both virtually and in person.
- Team movement events: Loosen up with 30-45 minutes of fitness (appropriate for all levels of fitness) including stretching and exercise. Led by a Doctor of Physical Therapy, these sessions are focused on preventing aches and pains related to computer work. Offered both virtually and in person.